Power Outage Alarm
Power Outage Alarm can inform you if the power goes out when you’re not there.
Power Outage Alarm is not designed to be used for the protection of life, property or business.
What is Power Outage Alarm?
Power Outage Alarm is a simple to use Android app that detects loss of power (power cuts). Once power loss is detected, the app can send an SMS notification* via the mobile phone network to a designated phone number and/or sound an audible alert to make you aware of the power failure.
Regardless of the reasons for your power cut, any failure of your mains electricity supply can be a nuisance. For some, though, a power blackout can be more than just an inconvenience. If you have important equipment that needs to be kept running and you need to know if there's a power failure even when you're not there then Power Outage Alarm is the app for you.
Typical uses include:
- waking you in the event of a power cut;
- fridge monitoring & freezer monitoring;
- fish tank monitoring & aquarium monitoring;
- generator monitoring;
- sump pump monitoring;
- computer equipment monitoring;
- heating system monitoring;
- chemical storage monitoring;
- and many other applications.
Watch our short video to learn about the main features of Power Outage Alarm Pro
Power Outage Alarm should be installed on an Android device capable of sending SMS text messages and be left connected to a charger for the duration of monitoring the power. For this reason it is anticipated that most users will use an old or cheap Android phone dedicated to running Power Outage Alarm.
Power Outage Alarm is easy to setup and use. Simply download the app, enter a phone number and a notification message, plug the phone into the power source you want to monitor, hit the Start button and you’re done. You can also set an audible alarm to sound when your power goes out to alert you or wake you up when you're on site.
Power Outage Alarm comes in two versions - Pro & Free. Both versions are only available from the Google Play store:
If you wish to read the licensing information before downloading the app, please see our End-User License Agreement (EULA).
For hints and tips on using Power Outage Alarm, please read our FAQ.
Power Outage Pro
- Notification of power outage by SMS text message;
- Notification of power restoration by SMS text message;
- Sounding an audible alert when the power goes out;
- Logging of power outage and restoration events. Useful for tracking power supply reliability, and for tracking service levels of utility providers;
- Message sending delay period. This can be useful if power outages are only problematic if they last for a certain length of time (e.g. for food spoilage in refrigerated storage for example);
- Optional reminder messages to prompt you to check your credit with your mobile phone network, to ensure that messages can be sent when a power event occurs;
- No advertisements.
- Notification of power outage by SMS text message.
* A message will only be sent if the normal conditions required to send a SMS message are met. These conditions include: the phone itself is running normally; the phone has adequate power; the phone has enough credit with your mobile phone network provider; the phone is able to connect to the appropriate mobile phone network.